EPA Extends the Compliance Deadlines for 2013 Renewable Fuel Standard Program
Second Extension for 2013 RFS Compliance Deadlines:
- EPA is taking direct final action to extend two reporting deadlines for the 2013 compliance period under the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program. The annual compliance reports and attest engagement reports for the 2013 RFS compliance period will not be due until 30 days and 90 days, respectively, following publication of the final rule establishing the 2014 renewable fuel percentage standards for cellulosic biofuel, biomass-based diesel, advanced biofuel and total renewable fuel in the Federal Register.
- EPA is publishing a separate document that will serve as the proposed rule to extend certain reporting requirement deadlines for the
2013 RFS compliance period if adverse comments are received on this direct final rule. We will not institute a second
comment period on this action. Any parties interested in commenting must do so at this time.
First Extension of 2013 RFS Compliance Deadlines:
- EPA is taking final action to extend the compliance deadlines for the 2013 renewable fuel standards. The new deadlines are September 30, 2014 for obligated parties to submit their compliance demonstration reports to EPA and January 30, 2015 for submission of the attest engagement reports deadlines.
- Direct Final Rule (PDF) (4 pp, 230K, published August 8, 2014)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (PDF) (4 pp, 230K, published August 8, 2014)
- Final Rule (PDF) (4 pp, 227.84K, published June 16, 2014)