EPA New England: Smart Sectors Program
- EPA Region 1 Smart Sectors Program Fact Sheet
- EPA Region 1 (New England) Smart Sectors
- News & Upcoming Events
- Stay Connected
In EPA's New England Region, Smart Sectors is located in the Office of the Regional Administrator, where the sector leads are able to engage with Regional leadership across the land, water, air, and chemical program offices, as well as with national program offices at EPA's headquarters.
At EPA Region 1, program leads for each sector will:
- Serve as ombudsmen within the Region across program offices
- Conduct educational site visits and host roundtables with Regional EPA leadership
- Analyze data and advise on forward-thinking options for environmental improvement
- Maintain meaningful, open dialogue with regional and national trade association partners and their environmental committees
- Develop regional reports, as needed, that profile the impact of each sector on the economy and the environment
EPA Region 1 (New England) Smart Sectors
Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and southeast, and Long Island Sound to the south, New England has an extensive coastline that supports robust economic sectors, encompassing a wide variety of uses that support coastal communities, including shipping ports, fisheries' facilities, boatbuilding, ferries, tourism, recreation, and waterfront revitalization.
Food and Beverage
In each of the six New England states, this robust sector includes the breweries, dairy farms, maple syrup operations, cranberry bogs, and many niche agricultural producers, in addition to many other food and beverage producers and retail providers who support world-famous products tied to the region.
All six New England states champion thriving outdoor recreation economic sectors. New Englanders enjoy outdoor pursuits during all four seasons, in activities that include downhill and cross-country ski operations, river rafting, hiking and backpacking, photography, bicycling, and fishing and hunting.
News & Upcoming Events
Stay connected (below) and bookmark this page for updates on Smart Sectors news and events. If you have a roundtable, conference, or group interested in hosting an event, please let us know at the email address below.
For more information on the Region 1 Smart Sectors Program, or to ask to join a contact list for one of the sectors above, please send an email with your name, affiliation, and sector(s) of interest to R1SmartSectors@epa.gov or call (617) 918-1449.