Public Hearing: Proposed Reclassification of Major Sources as Area Sources Under Section 112 of the Clean Air Act
- Registration is only required for individuals who wish to present oral testimony; registration is not required to attend and listen to testimony at the public hearings.
- The public hearing will be held in a federal building and proper identification is required for entry (e.g. REAL ID-compliant driver's license or government-issued ID).
- If you cannot attend the public hearing you may still submit your comments on the proposed amendments through the docket.
EPA will hold a public hearing for its proposal to implement the clear language of the Clean Air Act that allows a "major source" of hazardous air pollutants to reclassify as an "area source" after limiting emissions. The hearing will take place on August 15, 2019, beginning at 9:00 a.m. (local time) in:
- Room 1153, William Jefferson Clinton-East
1201 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004
- Go to Visiting EPA’s Headquarters for directions, transportation and parking information.
EPA will end the hearing two hours after the last registered speaker has spoken, or no later than 5:00 p.m. (local time).
Each commenter will have five minutes to provide oral testimony. Written statements and supporting information submitted during the comment period will be considered with the same weight as oral comments and supporting information presented at the public hearing.
The pre-registration period to speak at the hearing has now closed. We have posted a list of the speakers (in approximate order) who pre-registered. However, if you did not pre-register, you are still welcome to speak at the hearing. Please check in at the registration table at the hearing site (please note that most time slots are taken through about 11:00 am).
The comment period on the proposal is open. Comments must be received on or before September 24, 2019.
Read the public hearing Federal Register notice for more details.