Employment and Internship Opportunities at the National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory (NVFEL)
Protecting human health and the environment is critical to our mission. At our lab, the National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory (NVFEL), in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we:
- provide high quality research and testing to develop emissions standards that reduce greenhouse gases and other harmful pollutants; and
- make sure those standards become real world reductions to pollutants by the testing we do on cars, trucks, off-road engines, and fuels.
Who We Are
We are committed to creating a diverse workforce. We believe the more inclusive we are, the greater variety of ideas we can generate, leading us to the best solutions for protecting human health and the environment.
- Our lab employs approximately 100 engineers, technicians, computer scientists, chemists and IT specialists, who perform mobile source emission testing and analysis to inform EPA's clean air policies.
- We come from a range of work-based and educational experiences, including high school diplomas; certificates; apprenticeships; and two-year, four-year and post-graduate degrees.
- We adhere to the lab's core principles of effectiveness, integrity, respect and adaptability.
Join Our Team
- See current job openings at USA Jobs.
- See more about EPA as a workplace and EPA's commitment to diversity.
We hire in the job categories of 1) operational and technical and 2) professional. In those categories, we employ student interns, fellows and full-time permanent staff.
Complete the form to learn about NVFEL: If you'd like to know more about what we do and what it is like to work at NVFEL, please fill out the form below and we will contact you. (We will not use your information or email for any other purposes.)