Nett Technologies, Inc.—BlueMAX™ PLUS 100 Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) System
This retrofit technology is included on EPA's Verified Technologies List for Clean Diesel.
Nonroad, 4-cycle engines, rated 100-750hp, certified to Tiers 1, 2, or 3
|Retrofit Fuel, Max Sulfur||15 parts per million (ppm)|
|Reduction in particulate matter (PM)||85%|
|Reduction in nitrogen oxide (NOx)||85%|
|Reduction in hydrocarbons (HC)||60%|
|Reduction in carbon monoxide (CO)||95%|
The following criteria must be met in order for appropriately retrofitted engines to achieve the aforementioned emission reductions:
- Baseline engine must be in a certified configuration and operating on fuel with less than 15 ppm sulfur.
- Exhaust temperature data logging will be performed before each installation, and exhaust temperatures must be above 325 degrees °C for at least 25% of the normal duty cycle. As there may be significant variations from application to application, Nett Technologies will review actual engine operating conditions and perform temperature data-logging prior to retrofitting an engine with the BlueMAX™ PLUS 100 system to ensure compatibility.
- Each installation will be equipped with a monitoring system that displays warning lights and error codes visible to the operator, providing urea tank level and diagnostic information.
- The engine/equipment must not be equipped with a crankcase oil burning system.
- The engine should be well maintained and not consume lubricating oil at a rate greater than that specified by the engine manufacturer.
- The engine must not have been originally certified or equipped with a DOC or diesel particulate filter (DPF).
- The DPF component of the system is recommended for service every 1000 hours of use.