Viewing WATERS Data using Google Earth
The WATERS KMZ file is a compressed Keyhole Markup Language (KML) that provide easy access to geospatial WATERS data and services. The current release of the KMZ files require the use of Google Earth Exitversion 5.0 or higher.
To get started using the WATERSKMZ tool visit the WATERSKMZ tutorial.
|Vector||WATERS Data v1.8 kmz
Provides access to attribute data, supplemental report links, and service tools.
|Access to framework geospatial datasets stored in the WATERS Database, such as NHDPlus, Water Program Features indexed to NHDPlus and to general purpose services|
|Dialog boxes providing access to tools, services, and information, such as NHDPlus feature name query, up/downstream navigation, watershed reports, ATTAINS reports, etc.|
|Access to indexed water program features, with hyperlinks to additional attributes, and context sensitive analysis services, such as up/downstream navigation and watershed reports|
|Full descriptive legend showing layer symbology|
|Integrated information frame for analysis results|
- NHDPlus v2.1 Features
- NHDPlus v2.1 Simplified Catchments
- NHDPlus v2.1 Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD)
- Indexed Water Program Features (Reach Address Database)
- 303(d) Listed Impaired Waters
- 305(b) Assessed Waters
- Clean Watersheds Needs Survey
- Facilities that Discharge to Water
- Fish Consumption Advisories
- Fish Tissue Data
- TMDLs on Impaired Waters
- Monitoring Locations
- Nonpoint Source Projects
- Some tools and reports are only available for certain features types (points, lines, areas). i.e. The Upstream/Downstream Search Service Tool is only available for line features.
Please refer to the underlying data and/or services web pages for metadata related to the WATERS KMZ files.
|Type||Hyperlinks to metadata|
- The KMZ files are designed to work in version 5.0 or higher of Google Earth.
Vector Version: 1.8 - Released: November 9, 2016
- KMZ file updated to reference new mapping service location. This is a breaking change, users need to download this version to continue to work with the WATERSKMZ.
Vector Version: 1.7 - Released: October 13, 2015
- KMZ file updated to reference redesigned EPA web pages. This is not a breaking change for Google Earth functionality, but ensures that all referenced web pages link correctly.
Vector Version: 1.6 - Released: February 5, 2014
- KMZ file updated to use new mapping server. This is a breaking change, users will need to download a new version of the KMZ files to use the tool.
- Removed references to decommissioned services and datasets.
Vector & Raster Version: 1.5 - Released: June 23, 2013
- KMZ files updated to use new mapping server. This is a breaking change, users will need to download a new version of the KMZ files to use the tool.
Vector & Raster Version: 1.4 - Released: February 07, 2012
- Removed Water Quality Standards program from KMZ.
Vector Version 1.3 & Raster Version 1.2 - Released: November 24, 2010
- Added STORET Monitoring Locations to both versions of the WATERSKMZ.
- Added STORET Monitoring Locations to the Upstream/Downstream Search Service tool.
Raster Version: 1.1 - Released: September 30, 2010
- Added TMDLs on Impaired Waters to KMZ.
- Updated Water Program Features names to match Vector version.
Vector Version: 1.2 - Released: May 07, 2010
- Simplified terminology and structure.
- Symbology integrated into MyPlaces pane.
- Miscellaneous bubble improvements.
Vector Version: 1.1 - Released: November 13, 2009
- KMZ files now require Google Earth 5.0 or higher.
- The terminology used in the KMZ files was simplified.
- The KMZ service tools were simplified.
- A new Surfacewater Features legend was added.
Vector & Raster Version: 1.0 - Released: August 31, 2009
- Initial release of both Vector and Raster based KMZ files