Develop and Conduct a Water Resilience Tabletop Exercise with Water Utilities
The PC-based Tabletop Exercise Tool for Water Systems: Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Climate Resiliency (TTX Tool) contains materials that assist those interested in planning and facilitating tabletop exercises that focus on Water Sector-related issues.
This updated TTX Tool contains 15 scenarios that address an all-hazards approach to emergency preparedness and response. It addresses natural hazards and man-made incidents and introduces the potential impacts of climate change on the water sector. Each scenario has:
- A fully-customizable situation manual
- Discussion questions
- PowerPoint presentations
You can modify these materials to conduct a tabletop exercise that meets your specific needs. If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please email email@example.com.
To learn more about the TTX Tool, see this fact sheet:
To run the TTX Tool, the following minimum system hardware and software requirements must be met:
- IBM PC compatible processor
- CD-ROM drive
- 128MB of RAM
- 250MB of available Hard Disk Space
- Microsoft® Windows 2000, Microsoft® Windows XP SP3, or Microsoft® Windows 7
- 1024 x 768 pixels minimum screen resolution
- Microsoft® Word 2003 and Excel 2003 or later (necessary to view documents)
It is highly recommended that users go to the Microsoft website and download the most current updates for their operating system.