Conduct a Drinking Water or Wastewater Utility Risk Assessment
Vulnerability Self-Assessment Tool - Web Enabled (VSAT Web) 2.0
VSAT Web 2.0 is a user-friendly tool that can help drinking water and wastewater utilities of all sizes to conduct a risk and resilience assessment.
With VSAT Web, a utility can:
- Identify the highest risks to mission-critical operations and
- Find the most cost-effective measures to reduce those risks
Highlights of VSAT Web:
- Designed for mobile devices like Android tablets and iPads, as well as personal computers, and runs on most Internet browsers.
- No VSAT Web User data is stored by or visible to EPA!
- VSAT Web is now available as an app on Apple iOS.
Recommendation on Use:
EPA recommends that the quantitative risk assessment be limited to a small number of the assets and threats that present the highest risk. Attempting to analyze a high number of asset/threat pairs in a single assessment will render the assessment difficult to complete and make the interpretation of results challenging. Strategies to reduce the number of asset/threat pairs including grouping similar assets into a single asset category and limiting threats to those with the highest likelihood of occurrence.