About EPA's Campus in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina
EPA's campus in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina houses 15 EPA offices, including EPA's major center for research on air, climate, and energy. The RTP campus covers nearly 1.2 million square feet. It is the largest facility ever built by the agency.
Physical Address and Location
3799 Hopson Rd
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
NOTICE: Entrance at T.W. Alexander Drive – CLOSED due to construction
The campus is located eight miles west of Raleigh-Durham (RDU) International Airport.
- All visitors are to be entered into the Visitor Management System (VMS) (internal EPA link) prior to their visit.
- Visitors over the age of 18 must show an official photo ID for entrance into the facility, a Federal ID (smartcard/PIV card) or Military ID.
- Visitors who are not federal employees will receive a visitors badge and must be escorted by their host at all times.
Text Alternative of the Campus Parking Map
- The S. Surface Parking lot is located east of the High Bay building and south of Building E. It includes all employee and visitor parking, as well as reserved parking.
- The S. Parking lot is located south of Building E. and north of the S. Surface Parking lot. It includes all employee and visitor parking, handicapped parking, motorcycle parking, and bike parking.
- The Crescent Lot is located south of Buildings C and B. It includes handicapped parking, reserved parking, and visitor parking.
- The N. Parking lot is located south of Building A. It includes all employee and visitor parking, as well as handicapped parking.
- The N. Surface Parking lot is located south of Building A and the N. Parking lot. It includes all employee and visitor parking, EV charging station employee parking, visitor parking, and reserved parking. 5 Facility Parking Spaces are reserved at the south end of the N. Surface Parking lot.
- The Short Term Parking lot is located east of the FEELC building. It includes handicapped parking.
- The NCC Surface Lot is located southwest of the NCC building. It includes handicapped parking, visitor parking, bike parking, and all employee and visitor parking.
EPA Offices Located in RTP
- Office of Mission Support
- Office of the Administrator
- Office of Air and Radiation
- Office of Chief Financial Officer
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Research and Development
EPA's 2,000+ professionals who work at the RTP campus spend each day in state-of the art facilities that serve as a model for safe, healthy and environmentally-sustainable business operations. The campus includes over 1.2 million square feet of office, laboratory, computer and conference spaces. Surrounding the buildings are 10 acres of dedicated open space, including woods, meadows, marshes, and beautiful Discovery Lake.