Enhancing the Office of Water's Efficiency and Effectiveness
EPA's Office of Water continuously reviews the processes and procedures used to conduct business. As a result, a collection of memos were developed to streamline and guide EPA Headquarters and Regional Water senior leadership, decision makers, and staff in carrying out the statutorily required duties of their office and job. Each memo outlines best practices and procedures that result in better and more effective use of Agency resources to accomplish EPA's mission of protecting human health and the environment.
- Policy on Use of CWA Section 308 Letters Issued to Nine or Fewer Entities to Support CWA Program Implementation.pdf (pdf)
- Policy for the EPA's Review and Action on Clean Water Act Program Submittals.pdf (pdf)
- Office of Water Policy for Draft Documents.pdf (pdf)
- Process for Obtaining Clean Water Act Section 401 Certification for EPA-issued NPDES Permits (pdf)
- Policy to Promote Efficient Use of Agency Resources when Developing Documents in Support of Final Agency Actions (pdf)