BenMAP Community Edition
BenMAP-Community Edition 1.5 (April 2021) - This is the current version of the BenMAP-CE software.
- There is a single 64-bit version of the BenMAP-CE v1.5 installation package available. If you have installed an earlier version of the program, you will first need to uninstall it. If you modified your BenMAP-CE database and would like to transfer these data to the new version, please see the release notes below.
- BenMAP-CE (64-bit version, 1.02GB, May 18, 2021)
- The BenMAP-CE compatible versions of the
- The development team created a new set of country-specific BenMAP-CE training materials
- To import new data to the tool, please consult the BenMAP-CE Import File Specifications (xlsx)
- If you are interested in creating a new BenMAP-CE grid in ArcGIS, download this step-by-step guide (docx)
- To calculate beta coefficients and import a large number of health impact functions, please download the Beta calculator and health impact function input format (xlsx)
- The air quality and configuration files used to quantify impacts for the Affordable Clean Energy rule can be found here: ACE rule air quality and configuration files (zip)
BenMAP contains U.S. population data matched to a variety of commonly used air quality grids. However, users wishing to run an analysis based on an air quality grid not already defined in BenMAP may need to import a new population file matched to that grid definition. The PopGrid program (zip file) (zip) allocates the 2010 block-level U.S. Census population to a user-defined grid, creating a population file ready for importation to BenMAP.
Program Source Code and Documentation
- Are you interested in accessing the BenMAP-CE source code, or learning more about the algorithms the program uses to quantify risks and estimate economic values? You can access the source code on GitHub by following this link.
- The user manual and appendices can be found on this page.
- Release notes and known issues can be found below.
- A memorandum documenting in detail the demographic and economic input parameters that the team updated in version 1.3 can be found below.
BenMAP-CE v1.5 Release Notes & Known Issues (pdf)
BenMAP-CE v1.5 Release Notes & Known Issues
- Quality Assuring BenMAP-CE Demographic and Economic Input Data (pdf)
Technical Support Document: Estimating PM2.5- and Ozone-Attributable Health Benefits (pdf)
This document describes EPA's approach to quantifying the number and value of health impacts attributable to changes in ambient PM2.5 and O3 exposure