BenMAP-Community Edition 1.3 (September 2017) - This is the current version of the BenMAP-CE software.
- There are two versions of the BenMAP-CE v1.3 installation package available--one for 32-bit versions of Windows and one for 64-bit versions of Windows. Not sure which one you need? Visit this Microsoft site to determine whether you are operating 32 or 64 bit windows. If you have installed an earlier version of the program, you will first need to uninstall it. If you modified your BenMAP-CE database and would like to transfer these data to the new version, please see the release notes below.
- The BenMAP-CE compatible versions of the
- U.S. EPA approach for quantifying and valuing PM effects(1 pg, 4 MB, July 11, 2017)
- U.S. EPA approach for quantifying and valuing ozone effects(1 pg, 3 MB, July 18, 2017)
- The development team created a new set of country-specific BenMAP-CE training materials
- To import new data to the tool, please consult the BenMAP-CE Import File Specifications(11 pp, 81 K, November 2014)
- To calculate beta coefficients and import a large number of health impact functions, please download the Beta calculator and health impact function input format(2 pp, 38 K, February 27, 2018)
BenMAP contains U.S. population data matched to a variety of commonly used air quality grids. However, users wishing to run an analysis based on an air quality grid not already defined in BenMAP may need to import a new population file matched to that grid definition. The PopGrid program (zip file)(943 MB) allocates the 2010 block-level U.S. Census population to a user-defined grid, creating a population file ready for importation to BenMAP.
Program Source Code and Documentation
- Are you interested in accessing the BenMAP-CE source code, or learning more about the algorithms the program uses to quantify risks and estimate economic values? You can access the source code on GitHub by following this link.
- The user manual and appendices can be found on this page.
- Release notes and known issues can be found below.
- A memorandum documenting in detail the demographic and economic input parameters that the team updated in version 1.3 can be found below.
BenMAP-CE v1.3 Release Notes & Known Issues (PDF)(12 pp, 107 K,
September 13, 2017)
BenMAP-CE v1.3 Release Notes & Known Issues
- Quality Assuring BenMAP-CE Demographic and Economic Input Data (PDF)(18 pp, 2 MB, October 13, 2017)