What's Changed Between BASINS 4.1 and 4.5
BASINS 4.5 provides a number of significant improvements over BASINS 4.1. These improvements increase the functionality and applicability of BASINS. The major changes that have been incorporated into BASINS 4.1 are listed below.
- Complete replacement of all the data download libraries with the D4EM version of these libraries. Data for Environmental Modeling, or D4EM, is a comprehensive set of tools that obtains and processes data to be used in mathematical environmental models. See http://www.epa.gov/athens/research/d4em.html for more information.
- Updates the HUC8 layer of the ‘Build New Project’ national map to use the March 2017 update of the Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD).
- Provides access to both National Hydrography Dataset Plus (NHDPlus) version 1.0 and 2.1 through the data download tool.
- Updates the National Land Cover Database (NLCD) data download options to include 2011 land use and impervious area data
- Updates the North American Land Data Assimilation System (NLDAS) download to allow access to the full suite of meteorological constituents needed for watershed and in-stream models, as well as a new option to adjust time from UTC to the project time zone.
- In BASINS 4.5 Core, all model plugins are installed separately from the BASINS 4.5 Core install