Children's Health Month Resources
Protecting Children's Health at Home:
Reducing exposures to mercury
Lead in the home, including facts about lead and health effects
Lead in drinking water
Smoke-free Homes and Cars Program
Protecting children from pesticides:
Safe control of pests in the home, lawn and garden:
Pesticide poisoning prevention:
Healthy School Environments
Clean School Bus USA
- Program to reduce children's exposure to diesel exhaust and air pollution created by diesel school buses.
- Brings together partners from business, education, transportation, and public-health to eliminate unnecessary school bus idling, perform diesel retrofits, and replace the oldest buses.
Drinking Water in Schools and Child Care Facilities
- Web site provides information about drinking water quality in schools and child care facilities.
- Site includes Guidance & Tools, Laws & Regulations, and information about Partners.
ENERGY STAR for K-12 School Districts
- Web site provides information about energy efficiency in schools.
- Site includes Guidance & Tools and information for students and parents.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Tools for Schools Program
- Developed to reduce exposures to indoor environmental contaminants in schools through voluntary adoption of sound indoor air quality management practices.
- Resource to help schools identify, correct, and prevent IAQ problems.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in Schools
- Provides safe and usually less costly options for effective integrated pest management options for schools.
- School IPM programs use strategies to reduce sources of food, water and shelter for pests.
Schools Chemical Cleanout Campaign (SC3)
- SC3 aims to ensure that all schools are free from hazards associated with outdated and unnecessary chemicals.
- SC3 gives K-12 schools information and tools to responsibly manage chemicals.
Smart Growth and Schools