About List N: Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
EPA expects products on List N to kill all strains and variants of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) when used according to the label directions.
Learn more about the efficacy of disinfectants on strains and variants of coronavirus.
- Infographic: Tips on using the List N Tool to find a disinfectant
- Infographic: How to use disinfectants safely and effectively - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ
- Use our advanced search option to find a product
Things to know:
- To find a product, locate the EPA Reg. No. on the product label, then enter the first two sets of numbers into the tool. For example, if EPA Reg. No. 12345-12 is on List N, you can buy EPA Reg. No. 12345-12-2567 and know you’re getting an equivalent product. Read our step-by-step guide.
- These products are for use on surfaces, not humans. Children should not use these products.
- Inclusion on List N does not constitute an endorsement by EPA. Additional disinfectants may meet the criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). EPA will update this list with additional products as needed.
- Still have questions? See our FAQs about this list.
- My company has a product for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- Read about disinfectant regulation and coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Use EPA’s COVID-19 hub to find other resources
- View EPA’s webinar: Providing Professional Disinfection Services: How to Manage Germs Safely and Effectively