Application Programming Interface (API)
Application Programming Interfaces are used to pass data between applications. EPA has several publicly available APIs that can be used to interact with our open data. EPA uses api.data.gov as an API management service and tool for the public to sign up for API keys.
Below is a list of some of EPA's available APIs that provide access to different datasets.
- AirData Air Quality System Rest API
- ATTAINS Web Services
- Clean Air Markets API
- ECHO Web Services
- EJScreen API
- EPA System of Registries Web Services and APIs
- Facility Registry Service API
- Field Audit Checklist Tool API
- Insect Repellents API
- Watershed Assessment, Tracking & Environmental Results System (WATERS) API
EPA has a Draft API Strategy that describes how we use and manage APIs.