The Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) of 2010 (PDF) (7 pp, 133 K , January 2011, About PDF) allows EPA to offer rebates in addition to grants to reduce harmful emissions from older, dirtier diesel vehicles. The rebate program has funded vehicle replacements or retrofits for over 2,000 vehicles. Typically, the rebate application period opens in the fall and projects are completed in less than one year.
*** Important instructions for using the School Bus Rebate Application ***
- Right click on "2020 DERA School Bus Rebate Application (PDF)" below and select "Save link as" (or “Save target as”) to save the PDF to your desktop
- Open the application PDF from your desktop using Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Email your signed rebate application, along with a scanned copy of each vehicle’s title and registration, to: CleanDieselRebate@epa.gov.
2019 Rebates Document
- 2019 DERA School Bus Rebate Program Guide (PDF) (29 pp, 2.27 MB, EPA-420-B-19-050, September 2019)
2020 Rebates DocumentsYou may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- 2020 DERA School Bus Rebates Program Guide (PDF)(28 pp, 4 MB, October 2020, EPA-420-B-20-047)
- 2020 Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) School Bus Rebates Webinar (PDF)(29 pp, 1 MB, October 7, 2020)
- 2020 DERA School Bus Rebates FAQ (PDF)(7 pp, 110 K, October 28, 2020)
- 2020 DERA School Bus Rebates Application (PDF)(3 pp, 2 MB)