An official website of the United States government.

We've made some changes to If the information you are looking for is not here, you may be able to find it on the EPA Web Archive or the January 19, 2017 Web Snapshot.

Prepare for Funding: Contact State and Local Officials with Connections to Water and Wastewater Funding

Contact local and state officials to learn about funding opportunities.  For many programs, the grantee will be a state or tribal nation rather than the local government or individual utility. Under the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Public Assistance Grant Program, the state is responsible for approving projects and distributing funds. You should work closely with your state or tribal nation administrators when applying for funding programs.  For state and local contact information see: