This page provides links to healthy watersheds integrated assessment reports, which are very detailed technical documents that present the results of comparative measurement of a series of watershed health and vulnerability indices across large areas that encompass tens of thousands of watersheds. Several reports are statewide-scale efforts undertaken in partnership with state agencies and non-governmental organizations; others are targeted studies of specific ecological regions or river basins.
Statewide assessments have included California, Wisconsin, Alabama, and Tennessee.
Targeted assessments have included the Taunton River Basin, the Clinch River Basin, the Mobile Bay Watershed and the Montana Prairie Potholes Region.
A Preliminary Healthy Watersheds Assessment covering the entire lower 48 states is currently in progress.You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Preliminary Healthy Watersheds Assessment for the 48 Conterminous United States: Project Summary (PDF)(2 pp, 334 K)
- Overview of the Preliminary Healthy Watersheds Assessments Project (PDF)(14 pp, 1 MB)
- Alabama and Mobile Bay Basin Integrated Assessment of Watershed Health (PDF)(50 pp, 12 MB)
- California Integrated Assessment of Watershed Health (PDF)(118 pp, 9 MB)
- Clinch River (PDF)(118 pp, 14 MB)
- Montana Prairie Wetlands and Intermittent/Ephemeral Streams: Hydrologic Needs Assessment for Healthy Watersheds (PDF)(65 pp, 2 MB)
- Strengthening the Resilience of the Taunton River Watershed (PDF)(108 pp, 8 MB)
- Wisconsin Integrated Assessment of Watershed Health (PDF)(111 pp, 10 MB)