The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) requires anyone who owns or operates a facility where hazardous waste is treated, stored, or disposed to have a RCRA hazardous waste permit issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The permit application is divided into two parts, Part A and Part B. The Part A application is submitted on a designated form, EPA form 8700-23, and requires basic information about the facility, while the Part B application is submitted in narrative form and is often lengthy.
EPA consolidated all RCRA Subtitle C Reporting Instructions and Forms into one PDF. Below is an excerpt of the full document containing only the information pertinent to the Part A application:
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Part A Permit Application
- Determining if You Must File
- Filing a Hazardous Waste Report
- Instructions for Filling out the Hazardous Waste Part A Form
- Other References and Code Lists
- Hazardous Waste Part A Permit Form