This training module:
- Introduces the concept of burning hazardous wastes in units regulated under RCRA and outlines the requirements for one type of device — boilers and industrial furnaces (BIF).
- Defines boilers and industrial furnaces and describe the criteria associated with the definitions.
- Describes the requirements for processing hazardous waste in BIFs, including the distinctions between permitted and interim status units.
- Explains the requirements for the specially regulated BIF units.
- RCRA, Superfund & EPCRA Call Center Training Module Introduction to Boilers and Industrial Furnaces (40 CFR, Part 266, Subpart H) (PDF)(22 pp, 99 K, February 2000, EPA530-R-99-042)