Webinar: Examining the Evidence: How School Buildings Influence Student Health, Thinking and Performance
Recorded November 28, 2018
After you view the webinar, please complete the webinar evaluation to help us understand your IAQ knowledge and steps you want to take to assist your district with managing IAQ comprehensively. Once you submit the evaluation, you can download a certificate of completion for this webinar.
To receive your certificate:
- You will receive the evaluation link for this webinar via email (from firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once you have completed and submitted your evaluation, you will have access to your completion certificate.
- If you have technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
We recommend that you download and review the IAQ Management Value Proposition Worksheet to start the process of developing your own business case and value proposition to communicate your district’s IAQ management plan and preventative maintenance goals.
- Tracy Enger, Facilitator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, US EPA, Indoor Environments Division, Washington, DC
- Dr. Joseph G. Allen, Assistant Professor, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, MA
- John Spengler, Akira Yamaguchi Professor of Environmental Health and Human Habitation, and Director of the JPB Environmental Health Fellowship Program, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, MA
- Erika Eitland, Doctoral Candidate in the Department of Environmental Health and the Program Leader for the Schools for Health Team, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, MA
Participants will learn to:
- Demonstrate that healthy buildings and IAQ are foundational to student health, thinking and academic performance.
- Apply more than 30 years of scientific evidence gathered on the environmental factors that affect student health and performance.
- Promote the importance of establishing an IAQ management plan and motivate leadership and fellow team members to maintain a healthy school environment.
- Implement the tools and strategies provided to create a healthier environment for students and staff.
- Take action and commit to addressing the well-being of school occupants in current and future facility plans.