Webinar: Green Cleaning for Improved Health: The Return on Investment of Green Cleaning in Schools
Green Cleaning for Improved Health: The Return on Investment of Green Cleaning in Schools
Recorded on: June 22, 2017
After you view the webinar, please complete the webinar evaluation to help us understand your IAQ knowledge and steps you want to take to assist your district with managing IAQ comprehensively. Once you submit the evaluation, you can download a certificate of completion for this webinar.
To receive your certificate:
- You will receive the evaluation link for this webinar via email (From: email@example.com).
- Once you have completed and submitted your evaluation, you will have access to your completion certificate.
- If you have technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you download and review the Indoor Air Quality Management Value Proposition Worksheet to start the process of developing your own business case and value proposition to communicate your district’s IAQ management plan and goals, with specific focus on green cleaning.
- Tracy Enger, Facilitator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Indoor Environments Division
- Mike Jones, Director of Custodial Services, Columbia Public Schools, Missouri
- Shawna Cragun, Custodial Services Director, Davis School District, Utah
What you will learn:
- Incorporate evidence-based green cleaning techniques and best practices into a comprehensive system for achieving indoor environmental health.
- Utilize data tracking and evaluation strategies to develop a business case, a value proposition and a communication strategy that generates broader acceptance of, compliance with and funding for green cleaning.
- Design and successfully implement a strategy to identify, collect and use data with low-cost, easy-to-use tools (e.g., the School IAQ Assessment Mobile App) to make the case for green cleaning approaches.
- Track technical measures such as: return on investment (ROI); the results of surface ATP testing; asthma incidences, attendance rates and other important health and performance measures; reductions in occupant complaints; and improvements in IAQ.
- Replicate the strategies used by school districts that have successfully developed and implemented green cleaning programs to reduce costs and improve health by using the “Communicate” and “Evaluate” Key Drivers of the IAQ Tools for Schools Framework.