Webinar: Making the Connection: Linking IAQ, Energy Efficiency and Preventive Maintenance Together for Healthy Schools
Making the Connection: Linking IAQ, Energy Efficiency and Preventive Maintenance Together for Healthy Schools
Recorded on: February 22, 2018
After you view the webinar, please complete the webinar evaluation to help us understand your IAQ knowledge and steps you want to take to assist your district with managing IAQ comprehensively. Once you submit the evaluation, you can download a certificate of completion for this webinar.
To receive your certificate:
- You will receive the evaluation link for this webinar via email (From: email@example.com).
- Once you have completed and submitted your evaluation, you will have access to your completion certificate.
- If you have technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you download and review the Indoor Air Quality Management Value Proposition Worksheet to start the process of developing your own business case and value proposition to communicate your district’s IAQ management plan and goals, with specific focus on green cleaning.
- Tracy Enger, Facilitator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, US EPA, Indoor Environments Division, Washington, DC
- Kudret Utebay, Senior Associate and Deputy Program Manager, The Cadmus Group, Inc., Washington, DC
- Ellen Tohn, Principal, Tohn Environmental Strategies, Wayland, Massachusetts
- Jeff Mims, Maintenance Supervisor, Schools of Guntersville, Guntersville, Alabama
What you will learn:
- Explain the critical connection between IAQ, energy efficiency and preventative maintenance, and the importance of properly integrating them for optimal occupant health and building performance.
- Use resources to help with energy efficiency and preventive maintenance efforts, including the Energy Savings Plus Health guide and the accompanying Interactive Air Quality Planner for Schools that helps you create a custom verification checklist for both your building upgrades and concurrent IAQ assessment protocols for each step of the upgrade process.
- Use a case study from a school district on getting started using these resources to create healthy indoor learning environments.
- Start or improve a preventive maintenance program to include IAQ and energy efficiency components as part of a comprehensive building management approach.