Webinar: Meeting Current School Health Challenges and Beyond: New Tools to Assess and Address IAQ Health and Safety
Recorded October 22, 2020
After you view the webinar, please complete the webinar evaluation to help us understand your indoor air quality (IAQ) knowledge and steps you want to take to assist your district with managing IAQ comprehensively. Once you submit the evaluation, you can download a certificate of completion for this webinar.
To receive your certificate:
- You will receive the evaluation link for this webinar via email (from firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once you have completed and submitted your evaluation, you will have access to your completion certificate.
- If you have technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
We recommend that you download and review the IAQ Management Value Proposition Worksheet to start the process of developing your own business case and value proposition to communicate your district’s IAQ management plan and preventative maintenance goals.
- Tracy Enger, Facilitator, Indoor Environments Division, U.S. EPA, Washington, DC
Lisa Ng, Ph.D., Mechanical Engineer, Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation Group in the Energy and Environment Division, Engineering Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Erika Eitland, ScD, MPH, Lead Author, Research Analyst, Perkins and Will
Participants will learn to:
- Assess aerosol exposure to viruses and simulate the effectiveness of various controls in classrooms, such as face coverings, outside air, filtration, and portable air cleaners, by using a free online tool from NIST;
- Apply findings from a study to help decision makers select changes to HVAC operation that can reduce aerosol exposure;
- Implement risk reduction strategies and resources for a safer return to school that are applicable before reopening and throughout the academic year; and
- Equip staff to use indoor air quality management best practices and strategies to reduce exposure to viruses in schools.