Webinar: A Proactive Approach to IAQ: Saving Money and Protecting Health With Preventive Maintenance
A Proactive Approach to IAQ: Saving Money and Protecting Health With Preventive Maintenance
Recorded on: November 9, 2017
After you view the webinar, please complete the webinar evaluation to help us understand your IAQ knowledge and steps you want to take to assist your district with managing IAQ comprehensively. Once you submit the evaluation, you can download a certificate of completion for this webinar.
To receive your certificate:
- You will receive the evaluation link for this webinar via email (From: email@example.com).
- Once you have completed and submitted your evaluation, you will have access to your completion certificate.
- If you have technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you download and review the Indoor Air Quality Management Value Proposition Worksheet to start the process of developing your own business case and value proposition to communicate your district’s IAQ management plan and preventative maintenance goals.
- Tracy Enger, Facilitator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, US EPA, Indoor Environments Division, Washington, DC
- Mary Filardo, Executive Director, 21st Century School Fund, Washington, DC
- Fred Remelius, Director of Operations, Upper Merion Area School District, Pennsylvania
What you will learn:
- Replicate the best practices of school district mentors to identify and implement the major components of an effective preventative maintenance program—proactive routine and regular maintenance and repair—to ensure that equipment and facilities perform reliably.
- Integrate preventative maintenance and indoor air quality (IAQ) management strategies to save money and protect health.
- Communicate the benefits of preventative maintenance practices in schools, such as a high return on investment, improvements in equipment longevity, and a reduction in unexpected and often costly repairs.
- Develop a business case, a value proposition and a communication strategy that generate broader acceptance of, compliance with and funding for IAQ preventative maintenance strategies.