Webinar: Radon in Schools: What You Need to Know to Properly Manage Radon in Your School
Radon in Schools: What You Need to Know to Properly Manage Radon in Your School
Recorded on March 22, 2018
After you view the webinar, please complete the webinar evaluation to help us understand your IAQ knowledge and steps you want to take to assist your district with managing IAQ comprehensively. Once you submit the evaluation, you can download a certificate of completion for this webinar.
To receive your certificate:
- You will receive the evaluation link for this webinar via email (From: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once you have completed and submitted your evaluation, you will have access to your completion certificate.
- If you have technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
We recommend that you download and review the Indoor Air Quality Management Value Proposition Worksheet to start the process of developing your own business case and value proposition to communicate your district’s IAQ management plan and goals, with specific focus on green cleaning.
- Tracy Enger, Facilitator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, US EPA, Indoor Environments Division, Washington, DC
Bruce Snead, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
David Murdock, Henrico County Public Schools, VA
Gary Hodgden, AARST Consortium on National Radon Standards
What you will learn:
- The facts about radon in schools – risk of radon, characteristics and prevalence – and why it’s necessary to test every school for radon.
- Effective and practical strategies for radon testing and control, including continuous radon monitoring (CRM).
- Standards of Practice that address all aspects of radon measurement and mitigation and provide key references for these techniques.
- Methods to increase your understanding of how radon management fits into an integrated school environmental health program.
- Best practices of a school district mentor that has identified radon problems and successfully managed them.