An official website of the United States government.


What if I am already certified by an EPA authorized state or tribal program?

Answer: If you are already certified by an EPA-authorized program in a particular discipline, and you want to obtain Federal certification, you must be prepared to submit the following in your online application

  • Copy of your currently valid certificate (license/permit) from the authorized State or Tribe.
  • Passport photograph (JPG format preferred).
  • Credit card, debit card, or information needed to complete an ACH payment of the applicable fee.
  • You do not need to take an EPA-accredited initial training course or the third party exam.

Question Number: 23002-32432

Find a printable PDF copy of all frequent questions pertaining to lead.