An official website of the United States government.

We've made some changes to If the information you are looking for is not here, you may be able to find it on the EPA Web Archive or the January 19, 2017 Web Snapshot.

Contact Us about Mercury

Report an environmental violation

Report possible violations of environmental laws and regulations.

To get the quickest response to your question, review the information on this site

Note that while we strive to respond to every question submitted with an answer or an appropriate referral as quickly as possible, responses can take some time. So before you submit your question, see the information below. 

Is your question about…

  • Commenting or reading comments on a proposed rule? If so, go directly to, and follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
  • Mercury exposures in your workplace?
    • The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which issues health standards in the workplace, has information on their website about OSHA standards that apply to mercury.
    • From OSHA's Contact Us page, you can report unsafe working conditions and safety and health violations.
    • The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has adopted permissible limits for long-term and short-term exposures to mercury. You can view more information about these limits on NIOSH's pocket guides to hazards posed by mercury.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit your own questions to our staff librarians, or fill out the form below.

Please bear in mind that we cannot provide answers to certain types of requests (e.g., commercial endorsements). Comments on specific EPA programs will be forwarded to the responsible office within the Agency.

Please use the form below to send us comments or questions. Be sure to include your e-mail address if you’d like a response.

Mailing Address

1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20460

Please enter a name to address you by.
Please enter your comments.