Technical Data and Reports on Nitrogen Dioxide Measurements and SIP Status
EPA collects data from the states and regions on their air quality and state implementation plan (SIP) progress. This information is compiled in a database, and used to create reports, trend charts, and maps.
SIP status reports
Note: since there are currently no nonattainment areas for NO2, reports are only available on infrastructure SIPs for this pollutant.
Reports for infrastructure SIP requirements
- Infrastructure SIP status reports listed by requirement
- Infrastructure SIP status reports listed by state
SIPs approved by EPA
- View approved SIPs by state, organized by states in each EPA region.
Air quality data
AirNow: see real-time air pollution data in the United States.
Design Values: view statistics that describe the air quality status of a given area relative to the level of EPA's National Ambient Air Quality Standards. These Excel reports are listed by pollutant.
- NO2 Designations: This web site provides information on the process EPA, the states, and the tribes follow to designate areas as "attainment" (meeting) or "nonattainment" (not meeting) the nitrogen dioxide standards.
- Green Book: listings of areas designated nonattainment for each NAAQS pollutant. It includes current designation and classification status, area maps, reports, and Federal Register notices.