Federal Regulations Prohibiting Job Discrimination
• Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;
• Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA) protects men and women who perform substantially equal work in the same establishment from sex-based wage discrimination;
• Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older;
• Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits employment discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities in the private sector, and in state and local governments;
• Section 50l of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities who work in the federal government; and
• Civil Rights Act of 1991 provides monetary damages in cases of intentional employment discrimination.