List N Appendix: Supplemental Residual Antimicrobial Products for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The table below lists supplemental residual antimicrobial products that can be used against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. While traditional disinfectants kill viruses and bacteria at the time they are used, supplemental residual antimicrobial products kill pathogens that contact previously treated surfaces.
What you need to know
- All products on this list are EPA-registered.
- These products work within two hours of a virus coming into contact with a surface and can remain effective for weeks to years.
- All products on this list are supplemental residual antimicrobial products. This means they can supplement, but do not replace, routine cleaning and disinfection.
- Products on this list are not disinfectants, which must meet a higher standard of efficacy. To find residual disinfectants that can be used against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), look for products on List N with the formulation type “residual.”
- Interim Guidance for Registrants: Review for Products Adding Residual Efficacy Claims
- Antimicrobial Testing Protocols Related to Residual Efficacy
- List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
|Registration Number||Product Name||Company||How long does it take to kill SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)?||How long does it remain effective?||Product type||Why is this product on this list?||To kill SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), follow the direction for the following pathogen|
|56601-4||Copper Armor||PPG Industries, Inc.||2 hours||Will remain effective for as long as the product remains in place and is used as directed||Supplemental Resdiual Antimicrobial-Paint||Tested against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19); Emerging viral pathogen claim||SARS-CoV-2|
|32273-10||Behr Sanitizing Paint||Behr Process Corporation||2 hours||Will remain effective for 6 Years of normal wear||Paint||Tested against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)||SARS-CoV-2|