Field Sampling Procedures for Region 9
On this page:
- Surface Water
- Ground Water
- National Field Manual for the Collection of Water-Quality DataExit
Standard methods for the field analysis of water samples.
- California Rapid Assessment Method (CRAM)Exit
A standardized, cost-effective tool for monitoring and assessing the biological health of streams and wetlands.
- Rapid Bioassessment Protocols for Use in Wadeable Streams and Rivers
- Fish Sampling and Analysis
Guidance for Assessing Chemical Contaminant Data for Use in Fish Advisories, Volume 1, Fish Sampling and Analysis, Third Edition, EPA 823-B-00-007, November 2000.
- Monitoring and Assessing Water Quality - Volunteer Monitoring
Guidance for monitoring streams, lakes, estuaries and wetlands.
- Water on the WebExit
On line primers for lake, stream ecology and watersheds.
- Compendium of Environmental Response Team Groundwater Sampling Procedures
Provides an assortment of standard operating procedures for ground water and soil gas sampling.
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Groundwater Monitoring
This manual describes procedures that the Agency believes are the most appropriate for designing, installing and operating a ground water monitoring system. Although originally intended for use in RCRA detection monitoring, this guidance may be applied to more general ground water monitoring use.
- Handbook of Suggested Practices for the Design and Installation of Groundwater Monitoring Wells
Guide to the installation and design of ground water monitoring wells for environmental investigations.
- Groundwater Sampling Guidelines for Superfund and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Project Managers
Sampling guidelines for the proper collection of well-water samples for laboratory chemical analysis
- Use of Airborne, Surface, and Borehole Geophysical Techniques at Contaminated Sites
General guidance for conducting geophysical investigations.
- EPA Technology Innovation Program Guidance on Passive SamplersExit
Characterization and Monitoring technology tools.
- Technical Guidelines for Accurately Determining Volatile Organic Compound Concentrations in Soil and Solid Matrices
Provides recommended procedures for the collection of soil samples for volatile organic analysis in EPA's Pacific Southwest Region. Updated December 2005.
- Statistical Methods in Water Resources
Statistical methods for the analysis of water resources data.
Field methods for characterizing, sampling and monitoring the subsurface saturated and unsaturated zones at contaminated waste sites.
- Volume 1: Solids and Ground Water Appendices A and B
- Volume 2: The Vadose Zone, Field Screening and Analytical Methods Appendices C and D