Field Sampling Procedures for Region 9
- Surface Water
- Ground Water
- National Field Manual for the Collection of Water-Quality Data
Standard methods for the field analysis of water samples.
- California Rapid Assessment Method (CRAM)
A standardized, cost-effective tool for monitoring and assessing the biological health of streams and wetlands.
- Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program (SWAMP)
California State Water Resources Control Board site with standard operating procedures and methods for conducting bioassessments of Combined Benthic Macroinvertebrates and Algae in freshwater streams and rivers.
- Rapid Bioassessment Protocols for Use in Wadeable Streams and Rivers
- Fish Sampling and Analysis
- Monitoring and Assessing Water Quality - Volunteer Monitoring
Guidance for monitoring streams, lakes, estuaries and wetlands.
- Water on the Web
Online primers for lake, stream ecology and watersheds.
- Environmental Response Team Standard Operating Procedures
Provides an assortment of standard operating procedures for ground water and soil gas sampling.
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Groundwater Monitoring
This manual describes procedures that the Agency believes are the most appropriate for designing, installing and operating a ground water monitoring system. Although originally intended for use in RCRA detection monitoring, this guidance may be applied to more general ground water monitoring use.
- Handbook of Suggested Practices for the Design and Installation of Groundwater Monitoring Wells
Guide to the installation and design of ground water monitoring wells for environmental investigations.
- Groundwater Sampling Guidelines for Superfund and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Project Managers
Sampling guidelines for the proper collection of well-water samples for laboratory chemical analysis
- Use of Airborne, Surface, and Borehole Geophysical Techniques at Contaminated Sites
General guidance for conducting geophysical investigations.
- EPA Technology Innovation Program Guidance on Passive Samplers
Characterization and Monitoring technology tools.
- Technical Guidelines for Accurately Determining Volatile Organic Compound Concentrations in Soil and Solid Matrices
Provides recommended procedures for the collection of soil samples for volatile organic analysis in EPA's Pacific Southwest Region. Updated December 2005.
Statistical methods for the analysis of water resources data.
- Download the free PDF or purchase a hard-copy of the document from the U.S. Geological Survey website
- Volume 1: Solids and Ground Water Appendices A and B
- Volume 2: The Vadose Zone, Field Screening and Analytical Methods Appendices C and D