R7 QA Training for Region 7 staff and grantees
R7 QA Training for Region 7 staff and grantees
Welcome to the Region 7 (R7) Quality Assurance (QA) Training for Region 7 staff and grantees.
Region 7's Quality Assurance Office now offers online courses for EPA Regional, state, tribal, and other grantees staff. The course was previously in a classroom setting. However, the Region has transferred to online sessions to accommodate an increased need for remote training opportunities .
Welcome to Region 7's Computer-Generated Quality Assurance Online Training Course
This training will satisfy your Region 7 staff QA training and fulfill Region 7 employee QA refresher training needs. The revamped virtual training will be offered in lieu of the previously offered three-day Region 7 QA Training and will be considered as equivalent training.
The free online training serves as an orientation to the basic management issues associated with EPA's Quality Assurance Program and introduces participants to the Data Quality Objectives concept and process. The training video sessions and resources will take several days to review. Additionally, the training process is based on the honor system. All attendees will have to review all the provided material including the links and view all the videos in order to successfully complete the quiz prior to receiving their certificate of completion.
By the end of the sessions, participants will be able to:
1. understand the quality assurance requirements for EPA funded projects;
2. understand the value and benefits of an effective quality assurance program;
3. identify the basic tools of quality assurance management at EPA;
4. evaluate and determine the approvability of a Quality Management Plan;
5. understand the linkage between Quality Management Plans and Quality Assurance Project Plans;
6. briefly define the approval process for QA Plans in EPA Region 7, which is similar to other Regions, but check with your Regional QA Manager;
7. understand the elements of a Quality Assurance Project Plan; and
8. evaluate and determine the approvability of a Quality Assurance Project Plan.
The self-paced training is designed to help you. All R7 EPA personnel, including support contractors and grantees, share responsibility for collecting the Agency's information and data. We hope you find this training, especially the virtual platform, to be informative and helpful. There is a lengthy quiz at the end of the training. Attendees must receive a quiz grade of 90 percent (%) to complete the course and obtain a certificate of completion. Note, you will need to complete this quiz within one sitting! But don't get nervous, we've designed it so that you can't fail if you’ve carefully reviewed all the provided material including the Where can I go for more information section! Most will complete this training within several days, but give yourself at least an hour to complete the quiz. Feel free to take as many breaks as you need and start back where you left off when reviewing the training material, but again the quiz must be initiated and completed within one sitting! Note, in order to receive credit for completing the training you’ll need to provide you name and other necessary information once you’ve passed the final quiz. Please obtain a screenshot of your computer generated certificate for your records. R7 QA staff will be notified of your completing the training upon attendees receiving their electronic certificate.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) depends heavily on defensible data and information to accomplish the Agency's mission through an Agency-wide Quality System. The course was developed for managers (both technical and non-technical), program staff, and technical staff who are part of EPA's quality assurance program. The course provides an update on EPA's QA System and the DQO planning concepts to those who are involved in the design or oversight of environmental data collection activities, those participating in EPA field activities, and for anyone else who participates in the quality process. All Region 7 staff responsible for managing or coordinating environmental data activities are required to complete this training.
If you are ever in doubt about the R7 QA process, you may contact your Regional QA staff.
Where can I go for more information?
- About EPA's Quality System
- Agency-wide Quality System Documents
- Citizen Science for Environmental Protection
- Contact links:
- Current Information Directives
- EPA Information Quality Guidelines
- EPA Order 5360.1 A2 is now CIO 2105.1
- EPA Region 7 2020 QMP
- Frequent Questions about EPA's Quality System
- Guidance for Quality Assurance Project Plans EPA QA/G-5
- How EPA Manages the Quality of its Environmental Information
- Implementation of Quality Assurance Requirements for Organizations Receiving EPA Financial Assistance
- Managing the Quality of Environmental Data at EPA Region 7
- POLICY TO ASSURE THE COMPETENCY OF ORGANIZATIONS GENERATING ENVIRONMENTAL MEASUREMENT DATA UNDER AGENCY-FUNDED ASSISTANCE AGREEMENTS
- Quality Assurance Project Plan Development Tool
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT PLAN REVIEW CHECKLIST
- Summary of the Paperwork Reduction Act
- Uniform Federal Policy for Quality Assurance Project Plans - Training Materials