Regulations for Smog, Soot, and Other Air Pollution from Passenger Cars & Trucks
Passenger cars and trucks are regulated by EPA under "light-duty" vehicle programs. EPA regulates passenger vehicles to reduce the amount of harmful emissions. There are regulations for multiple aspects of passenger vehicles, including:
- Standards for exhaust and evaporative emissions;
- Control of hazardous air pollutants and air toxics;
- National Low Emission Vehicle Program;
- CAP 2000 (Compliance Assurance Program);
- Onboard refueling vapor recovery; and
- Inspection and maintenance.
Below is a list of all regulations related to GHG emissions from passenger cars and trucks.
- Rule summaries;
- Regulatory impact analyses;
- Comment summaries;
- Rule histories; and
- Fact sheets.*
*Note: Rule-related materials vary by rule.