Virtual Public Listening Sessions on the Risk Management Program Rule
EPA is reviewing the Risk Management Program (RMP) rule in accordance with Executive Order 13990: Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science To Tackle the Climate Crisis (EO 13990). In addition to accepting written comments, EPA will hold virtual public listening sessions. The virtual public listening sessions will provide interested persons the opportunity to present information, comments or views pertaining to the review of RMP regulation revisions completed since 2017 (including the 2017 Final Amendments to the RMP Rule and 2019 Final RMP Reconsideration Rule).
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) will also participate in the listening sessions. OSHA administers the Process Safety Management (PSM) standard, which contains similar requirements to the RMP rule.
On this page:
EPA will be holding virtual public listening sessions about the RMP rule on June 16, 2021 and July 8, 2021. The June 16, 2021 listening session will convene at 12:00 p.m., eastern daylight time (EDT), and will conclude at 4:00 p.m. EDT. The July 8, 2021 listening session will convene at 4:00 p.m. EDT and will conclude at 8:00 p.m. EDT. Should additional dates and times be required, EPA will provide updates on our website.
Verbal testimony will be limited to three (3) minutes for each person. EPA may ask clarifying questions during the verbal presentations but will not respond formally during the listening session to any comments or information presented at the session. A verbatim transcript of the session will be included in the docket for this action.
Regardless of whether you attend any of the listening sessions or provide verbal testimony, you will be able to submit comments at http://www.regulations.gov (Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OLEM-2021-0312) until July 15, 2021.
Note: Do not present or submit at the listening session any information you consider to be confidential business information or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute.
Public Listening Session 1 - June 16, 2021
|12:00 p.m. – 12:10 p.m.||Opening Remarks|
|12:10 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Public Comments|
The speaking order for the June 16, 2021 session is provided below (last updated June 15, 2021). If time allows, there may be additional opportunities during the virtual public listening session for attendees to provide verbal comments.
- Steven Taylor, Coming Clean
- Kathleen Curtis, Coming Clean
- Rebecca O’Donnell, American Fuel & Petroleum Manufacturers
- Andrew Broadbent, American Petroleum Institute
- Jennifer Gibson, National Association of Chemical Distributors
- Stephanie Herron, Environmental Justice Health Alliance for Chemical Policy Reform
- Michele Roberts, Environmental Justice Health Alliance for Chemical Policy Reform
- Katy Super, Individual
- Dr. Yolanda Whyte, Dr. Yolanda Whyte Pediatrics
- Steven Goldsmith, Torrance Refinery Action Alliance
- Jane Affonso, Torrance Refinery Action Alliance
- Rosalie Preston, Torrance Refinery Action Alliance
- Isabel Balboa, Individual
- Constance Sullivan, Individual
- Eboni Cochran, Rubbertown Emergency ACTion
- Terry McGuire, Earthjustice
- Cynthia Babich, Del Amo Action Committee
- Bryan Parras, Sierra Club
- Denise Trabbic-Pointer, Sierra Club Michigan Chapter
- Rick Hind, Individual
- Casey Kalman, Union of Concerned Scientist
- Amanda Johnson, US Chemical Safety Board
- Paul Orum, Coalition to Prevent Chemical Disasters
- Dr. Michael Wilson, California Division of Occupational Safety and Health
- Judah Prero, American Chemistry Council
- Amy Kyle, Individual
- Dr. Jim Stewart, Individual
- Vivian Stockman, Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition
- Allee Watson, Individual
- Brian Moench, Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment
- Juan Parras, Texas Environmental Justice Advocacy Services
Public Listening Session 2 - July 8, 2021
|4:00 p.m. – 4:10 p.m.||Opening Remarks|
|4:10 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.||Public Comments|
If you would like to provide testimony at the listening session: The deadline for pre-registration for Public Listening Session 1 is June 16, 2021. The deadline for pre-registration for Public Listening Session 2 is July 6, 2021. You will need to register, selecting the option to provide verbal testimony, through the registration pages for Public Listening Session 1 (June 16, 2021) and Public Listening Session 2 (July 8, 2021). You will receive automatic login instructions via email after registering. EPA may allow persons not pre-registered as speakers to present verbal testimony the day of the listening session. EPA will consider such requests during the session as time permits.
If you would like to listen to either session: You can register at any time to listen to the virtual public listening session. Please register through the registration pages for Public Listening Session 1 (June 16, 2021) and Public Listening Session 2 (July 8, 2021). You will receive automatic login instructions via email after registering. We will do our best to accommodate those interested in listening to both sessions; however, we may only be able to accommodate listen-only participation for one of the sessions due to capacity.
If you have any questions about the logistics of these listening sessions, please send them through the form below: