RMP*Comp™ is a free program you can use to complete the Off-site Consequence Analyses (both worst case scenarios and alternative scenarios) required under the Risk Management Program rule. When you use RMP*Comp, you don't need to make any calculations by hand and the program guides you through the process of making an analysis.
RMP*Comp is a browser-based program that runs in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. The program can also be downloaded for running without an Internet connection. To obtain the downloadable version, first run the browser-based version of RMP*Comp, then choose the Download link in the left panel.
For more information:
- RMP*Comp Frequent Questions
- Superfund, TRI, EPCRA, RMP & Oil Information Center can help you get answers to policy questions (applicability, exemptions, coverage) about the Risk Management Program and a variety of federal EPA regulations.
- RMP Reporting Center can answer technical (software/hardware) questions about RMP*Comp and RMP*Submit.
- NOAA's Chemical Spills page provides information on CAMEO® and ALOHA® and other tools related to accidental release prevention and preparedness.
- Using CAMEO tools for RMP explains why RMP*Comp and ALOHA are appropriate tools for RMP consequence analyses, while CAMEO is not.