Steps For Replacing a Lost Section 608 Technician Certification Card
This page provides information to Section 608 certified technicians on how to replace a lost certification card. EPA does not issue certification cards and cannot replace a lost certification card.
- Is your testing organization that issued your certification still in business? Check the list of certifying organizations that are still operating.
- If yes, contact that organization and get a replacement card. The organization is required to maintain records of cards it issues.
- If no, go to Step 2.
- Do you have documentation from your original testing organization that demonstrates successful completion of the Section 608 technician certification exam? Do you or a current or former employer have a copy of your lost card?
- If yes, send a copy of your documentation to one of the organizations identified in the box below. The organization will issue you a new card and maintain a record of your certification.
- If no, go to Step 3.
Certifying Organizations That Will Replace Cards
1350 W. Northwest Highway, Suite 205
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Ferris State University
1020 Maple St., Rm 117
Big Rapids, MI 49307-1676
Refrigeration Environmental Protection Association (REPA)
348 Thompson Creek Road, Suite 303
Stevensville, MD 21666
(800) 435-3331; Fax: (410) 827-4484
- Did you receive your certification from an organization that has gone out of business? Review to the list of certifying organizations that have closed.
- If yes, contact us.
- If no, go to Step 4.
- If you cannot answer “yes” to any of the steps above, neither EPA nor a certified testing organization will be able to issue a replacement card. You will need to retake the Section 608 certification test. Please go to the Section 608 Technician Certification programs page to find testing organizations which meet your needs.