Concrete Sector Information
EPA is the main agency that regulates the concrete sector. The following links are intended to help Smart Sectors partners and the public learn more about how EPA works with the concrete and cement sector.
Basic EPA regulatory information for the concrete sector
- Laws and regulations, compliance, enforcement and related technical information
- Best management practices for stormwater run-off control (PDF) (5pp, 929 K, About PDF)
- Helpful procurement guidelines for sustainable materials management
EPA voluntary program resources
- ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Ready Mix Concrete Manufacturing — ENERGY STAR is an EPA voluntary program that saves businesses and consumers energy and money.
- SmartWay Transport — EPA's SmartWay Transport program helps companies advance supply chain sustainability by measuring, benchmarking and improving freight transportation efficiency. Any company or organization that ships, manages or hauls freight in its operations can become an EPA SmartWay Partner.