AVERT - Tutorial Homepage
Welcome to the online training for the AVoided Emissions and geneRation Tool (AVERT).
AVERT estimates the potential of energy efficiency/renewable energy (EE/RE) programs to displace electricity system-related fine particulate matter (PM2.5) sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxides (NOx), and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in the contiguous 48 states and Washington, DC. It helps you evaluate county, state and regional level emissions displaced by EE/RE programs—without requiring you to have specialized resources or electricity system expertise.
How To Use This Training
This training provides an overview of how AVERT works, step-by-step demonstrations of how to use the AVERT Main Module, and slides with information about the other AVERT modules. To use this training:
- Click on the Start Training button.
- Read the text on screen and click on the demonstration icon to view a demonstration.
- Click on the Next arrow to move to the next page.
- Click on items in the Resources box as needed such as Index to move to a specific topic of interest.
What You Will Need
Before beginning this training, we encourage you to:
- Turn on your speakers or plug in your headphones.
- Set your computer's screen resolution to 1280 x 1024.
If you are a Windows user, you can do this by clicking on Start >> Control Panel >> Display >> Settings.
- Read the technical requirements to make sure your desktop can run the AVERT application and this training.
- Download the AVERT Main Module and relevant Regional Data File(s) in new window.
This way you can try using AVERT yourself after watching demonstrations