Learning and Teaching about the Environment
This website provides K-12 students and educators with access to quality homework resources, lesson plans and project ideas for learning and teaching about the environment. Environmental education (EE) is a multi-disciplinary approach to learning about environmental issues that enhances knowledge, builds critical thinking skills, and helps students make informed and responsible decisions.
- Support healthy and productive learning environments
- Learn about children's health and the environment, and reducing risks at child care facilities
Contact your Regional Environmental Education Coordinator to find local resources and invite EPA staff to your school.
- Check out the Reducing Food Waste Activity Book
- News release about 2020 student - teacher award winners
- Learn the History of EPA and Earth Day
- See our recent Youth Award Winners
- View Online Teacher Publications
- The National Service Center for Environmental Publications offers over 66,000 digital and 1,500 print materials free of charge. Order online or call 1-800-490-9198.