The Urban Waters 101 Series
The 101 Series contains need-to-know information on the Urban Waters program and all of its main components. The Series also reflects the focus and accomplishments of the Urban Waters designated locations.
101 Series pieces are intended to be shared as easy references to Urban Waters activities and as examples to guide and motivate urban waters work in other communities.
Urban Waters Core Components
Urban Waters Federal Partnership 101
Urban Waters Learning Network 101
Urban Waters Federal Designated Partnership Locations
Albuquerque: Middle Rio Grande 101
Baltimore: Patapsco Watershed 101
Los Angeles: Los Angeles River 101
Missouri: Meramec River and Big River 101
Urban Waters Local Successes
While the Urban Waters Learning Network has the most up to date local success stories, these early cases of local Urban Waters successes still show the types of work being done in communities and examples of our local efforts. We hope that program stakeholders can use this information to duplicate efforts in their own communities, or to reach out to the featured locations for networking and information exchange.
- The Meramec River and Big River Navigate Collaboration to Clean Up Legacy Pollutants
- Cleveland Botanical Garden Transforms Vacant Property Using Green Methods to Reduce Runoff
- Groundwork Lawrence Works to Restore the Spicket River in Massachusetts
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Creates Green Job Training Program
- Prescott Creeks Preservation Association Restores Granite Creek Watershed
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln Develops New Tools to Reduce Runoff
- Urban Waters Federal Partnership Works to Restore and Increase Access to the Los Angeles River
- West Atlanta Watershed Alliance Engages Communities to Protect Three Creeks