Requirements for SmartWay Verification of Aerodynamic Devices
Before applying for SmartWay verification, consider the following:
Requirements for device eligibility
- Designed for a 53’ dry van (box) or refrigerated trailer; and
- Currently commercially available.
Manufacturers must communicate with EPA before conducting testing for verification purposes (this does not apply to R&D testing).
EPA cannot accept test data from an unapproved test program, no exceptions.
Requirements for the applicant
- All information submitted for application is correct;
- Technology will be manufactured and installed as described;
- Technology will perform as described.
Requirements for health effects and safety of technology
Concerns with health effects or safety may need to be addressed prior to EPA review of a technology for verification.