Waste Reduction Model (WARM) Resources for Small Businesses and Organizations
Do you want your business to be more sustainable but don’t know where to start? Or have you made some changes but are not sure they were the best ones? The Waste Reduction Model (WARM) can help you compare options to see what is best for your organization. Should you look into a hauler for your organic material for composting? Should you work to change your supply contracts and buy fewer materials? Once you baseline what materials you have and how you are currently handling them, you are ready to create new scenarios for the future.
EPA offers additional resources to take things further:
- Sustainable Materials Management – learn more about this systemic approach to using and reusing materials more productively over their entire lifecycles.
- Sustainable Management of Food – learn how to reduce, donate or compost your wasted food.
- Sustainable Management of Electronics – learn how and where to recycle your electronics.
- Industrial Materials Recycling – learn how to reuse or recycle byproduct materials generated from industrial processes in an environmentally responsible manner.
- WasteWise – a voluntary program designed to help organizations and businesses apply sustainable materials management practices to reduce municipal and select industrial wastes.
- Climate Change – learn how to reduce your greenhouse gas emissions.
- WaterSense – help protect the future of our nation's water supply by finding simple ways to use less water with water-efficient products, new homes, and services.
- ENERGY STAR – save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency.