About the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU)
What We Do
OSDBU advocates and advances the business, regulatory, and environmental compliance concerns of small and socio-economically disadvantaged businesses. OSDBU is also responsible for the implementation of procedures and oversight of small business programs mandated and described under several statutory authorities and Executive Orders.
Programs and Projects Managed by OSDBU
Procurement Opportunities Support for Small Businesses
OSDBU’s Procurement Opportunities Support Team (POST) implements section 15(k) of the Small Business Act to ensure that small businesses are afforded the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in EPA’s procurement opportunities listed on our Acquisition Forecast. POST also monitors and evaluates Agency performance in achieving EPA’s small business goals.
In accordance with Section 15(k) of the Small Business Act, the POST provides small and socioeconomic businesses with guidance in seeking technical assistance and information concerning EPA’s unsolicited proposal process 15(k)(14), obtaining payments or late payment interest penalties 15(k)(19), and guidance for any solicitation that unduly restricts small business competition 15(k)(17). For assistance with any of these three areas of section 15(k) of the Small Business Act, please contact Denise Sirmons, OSDBU Director at 202-566-2075.
To assist small business vendors with navigating EPA’s contracting process, in accordance with section 15(k)(19) of the Small Business Act, POST provides the following resources link to assist in educating and training small business concerns that have been awarded both contracts and subcontracts with EPA: Federal Contracting Resources for Small Business Vendors.
Learn more about EPA's advocacy for small businesses in EPA procurement.
Asbestos and Small Business Ombudsman
- responds to citizens' complaints under the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (PDF) (15pp, 195K, about PDF), commonly known as AHERA (Public Law 99-519),
- serves as a liaison between EPA and the small business community,
- advocates for small business during the EPA rulemaking process,
- provides technical assistance to small businesses, and
- supports the national network of Small Business Environmental Assistance Programs. Exit
- Small Business Solutions Team
Vacant, Acting Deputy Director
- Acting Asbestos and Small Business Ombudsman
Paula Zampieri Hoag
- Phone: 202-566-2496
- Email: email@example.com