Small Businesses Solutions and Opportunities
The Small Business Solutions and Opportunities (SBSO) team is responsible for the implementation of Section 15(k) of the Small Business Act to ensure that small businesses are afforded the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in EPA’s acquisitions.
How We Help
The SBSO team provides small and socioeconomic small businesses technical assistance and information on EPA acquisitions. This includes, among other things, providing technical assistance concerning:
- Obtaining payments or late payment interest penalties (Section 15(k)(6));
- EPA's unsolicited proposal process (Section 15(k)(14));
- Solicitations that may unduly restrict small business competition (Section 15(k)(17)); and
- The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs (Section 15(k)(21)).
Our Key Functions
- Reviewing Procurement Requests valued over $250,000
- Identifying and Addressing the Bundling of Contracts
- Responding to Undue Restriction Notifications
- Providing Small Business Payment Assistance
- Subcontracting Plan Review
- Providing Training and Technical Assistance to Small Businesses
For assistance, call us at 202-566-2075 or email OSDBU@epa.gov.