CAMEO Chemicals Software
CAMEO Chemicals is the hazardous chemical database for the CAMEO® software suite, which is used widely to plan for and respond to chemical emergencies. CAMEO Chemicals also has a tool to predict possible hazards if chemicals are mixed together.
With CAMEO Chemicals, you can search through the extensive chemical database to find chemical datasheets with critical response information, including physical properties, health hazards, information about air and water hazards, and recommendations for firefighting, first aid, and spill response.
Additional datasheets based on UN/NA identification numbers provide response information from the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) and shipping information from the Hazardous Materials Table (49 CFR 172.101).
CAMEO Chemicals is available as a website, mobile website, mobile app, and desktop program. The mobile app (shown above) and the desktop program formats can be used offline, and the desktop program can share information with other CAMEO suite programs.
Downloading CAMEO Chemicals
Download CAMEO Chemicals for Windows (Version 2.8.0, April 2022)
Download CAMEO Chemicals for Mac (Version 2.8.0, April 2022)
Get the CAMEO Chemicals app for iOS (on App Store)
Get the CAMEO Chemicals app for Android (on Google Play)
Learning More About CAMEO Chemicals
Significant Changes in CAMEO Chemicals Version 2.8.0
- Updated to the 2020 Emergency Response Guidebook data.
- Updated regulatory data from EPA and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Updated shipping data from the Hazardous Materials Table, as well as Hazard Labels from the Department of Transportation.
- Updated data from several other sources, including National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Pocket Guides, DuPont suit fabric breakthrough times, and toxic Levels of Concern.
- Redesigned the frame for the desktop format and added compatibility improvements for newer operating systems.
- Removed the auto-update feature from the desktop format.
- Revised the help topics.
- Made additional minor changes and bug fixes.
You can report software bugs or obtain additional assistance by emailing the RMP Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net), or by calling the CAMEO help desk at (703) 227-7650 on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.