CAMEO Training and Events
Upcoming Training Sessions
CAMEO Suite Training – Online beginning in April 2021
This month-long class will consist of online lessons, hands-on assignments and five 2-hour Zoom sessions on April 1st, 9th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th (Zoom sessions begin at 11:00 am EDT). Assignments will be given each week to be completed prior to the Zoom call. You will use your jurisdiction’s Tier II information to complete the assignments to start or enhance your own planning.
CAMEO skills covered:
- Importing EPCRA Tier II data into CAMEO Data Manager (DM)
- Exploring and utilizing CAMEO DM to create a customized facility planning document
- Exploring CAMEO Chemicals and connection to CAMEO DM
- Separating Tier II Facilities into groups (e.g., extremely hazardous substance (EHS) and non-EHS) and mapping in MARPLOT
- Importing critical infrastructure mapping layers into MARPLOT, such as hazmat transportation routes
- Creating ‘hazard zones’ around facilities
- Evaluating potentially affected populations and infrastructure in hazard zones
- Exporting information to a spreadsheet, map, and document
- Adding attachments to a CAMEO DM Chemical Facility record
- Maintaining and sharing information
Cost: $400 (Use of HMEP grant money is authorized). Register here.
Louisiana State University, National Center for Biomedical Research (NCBRT) offers Department of Homeland Security (DHS) certified courses covered under the NCBRT’s Homeland Security National Training Program Cooperative Agreement. CAMEO introductory and advanced courses are included in this program. As a DHS primary training provider, the NCBRT can offer this vital training at no direct cost to your agency. Please contact: NCBRT (email@example.com) or 1-877-829-8550 to schedule a course through your state administrative agency, or visit NCBRT's site Exitto learn more about their training opportunities.
New England CAMEO User Group
For information, e-mail: Tom Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call him at (401) 222-1360, extension 7128.
CAMEO News Service
The CAMEO News Service provides a way for the CAMEO team (at EPA and NOAA) to communicate important information to the CAMEO community. The service is used primarily to send updates when new releases are available for ALOHA, CAMEO Chemicals, CAMEO Data Manager, MARPLOT, and/or Tier2 Submit. The service is hosted by NOAA. Follow this link to subscribeExit.