CAMEO Training and Events
Current Training Sessions
- 2-day Beginning CAMEO Course; July 17-18, 8-5 daily; Claremore, Oklahoma
- Region 7 LEPC Conference; CAMEO Training Topical Class; July 21-23; Overland Park, Kansas
- 3-day Basic CAMEO Course; July 26-28, 8-5 daily; Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Continuing Challenge Conference; CAMEO training topical class; September 6-7, 8-5 daily; Sacramento, California
- HotZone Conference; CAMEO training topical class; October 19-20; Houston, Texas
- Advanced CAMEO Training, Oklahoma SERC Sponsored Event:
- Instructor: Tom Bergman, Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Description: Advanced ALOHA, CAMEOfm, and MARPLOT, as well as the opportunity to take the CAMEO certified user and certified instructor exam(s).
- Location: Oklahoma DEQ, 707 N Robinson Oklahoma City, OK
- Date/Time: November 13-17, 2017 OR December 4-8, 2017; 8 AM to 5 PM Daily
- Note: You may register to attend any combination of training dates; it is not required to attend all 5 days. Please register for only the dates/sessions you wish to attend.
Registration/Information on the above sessions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with participant name, organization, and contact information.
Louisiana State University, National Center for Biomedical Research (NCBRT) offers Department of Homeland Security (DHS) certified courses covered under the NCBRT’s Homeland Security National Training Program Cooperative Agreement. CAMEO introductory and advanced courses are included in this program. As a DHS primary training provider, the NCBRT can offer this vital training at no direct cost to your agency. Please contact the NCBRT at email@example.com or 1-877-829-8550 to schedule a course through your state administrative agency, or visit NCBRT's site Exitto learn more about their training opportunities.
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) offers two online CAMEO courses (described below). The cost for each course is $350. For more information or to register for these courses, contact Karen Murray at UCLA-LOSH at (310) 794-5989 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAMEO 1 - This course covers the CAMEO Chemicals and the ALOHA software programs.
CAMEO 2 - Completing the CAMEO 1 course, or previous experience with the CAMEO Chemicals and ALOHA software, is a prerequisite for this course. The CAMEO 2 course covers the MARPLOT mapping program and the CAMEOfm Data Templates, and culminates in a simulation of a massive earthquake releasing many chemicals at once, that your emergency response agency must handle. In that final exercise, you must use all of the software programs in the CAMEO Suite -- CAMEO Chemicals, ALOHA, MARPLOT, and CAMEOfm.
About the Instructor - Kevin Smith is a federally certified CAMEO Instructor and a retired Deputy Fire Marshal, who has responded to over 1,000 hazardous materials incidents over the course of his career. A CAMEO user since 1987, Kevin has taught the CAMEO courses offered at The Continuing Challenge Hazardous Materials Workshop in Sacramento every year since 1992. He has also taught CAMEO online through the University of California for over a decade. You can reach Kevin Smith at email@example.com or at (714) 856-3479.
New England CAMEO User Group
For information, email: Tom Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call him at (401) 222-1360, extension 7128.
CAMEO News Service
The CAMEO News Service is a one-way listserv which serves as a communication tool for CAMEO managers and developers to communicate important information to the CAMEO community. The service provides users with an up-to-date status on various aspects of the CAMEOfm/CAMEO Chemicals/MARPLOT/ALOHA software. To subscribe to the CAMEO News Service, send an empty email to email@example.com.