CAMEO Data Manager Software
CAMEO Data Manager is a database application where you can keep track of information (such as chemical inventories and contact information for facilities) to assist in emergency response and planning in your local community. It is especially useful for managing data required under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
You can enter information into the CAMEO Data Manager database manually and/or by importing a Tier2 Submit™ file (if the facilities and/or planners in your state use that program to complete Tier II forms under EPCRA).
CAMEO Data Manager is part of the CAMEO® software suite, which is used widely to plan for and respond to chemical emergencies. CAMEO Data Manager replaces CAMEOfm, and offers new functionality and features. Files created in CAMEOfm and Tier2 Submit can be imported into CAMEO Data Manager.
Downloading CAMEO Data Manager
Download CAMEO Data Manager for Windows(77 MB, February 2021, Version 4.0.2)
Download CAMEO Data Manager for Macintosh(103 MB, February 2021, Version 4.0.2)
The Windows version can be run on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on High Sierra (10.13), Mojave (10.14), Catalina (10.15), and Big Sur (11) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported.
If you have CAMEO Data Manager 4.0: If you would like the new version to display your existing data, when you install the new version, keep the same installation path as your original CAMEO Data Manager 4.0. (For most users, this will be the default settings during the installation process.) When you see an alert indicating that a program in that location already exists, confirm that you want to install to that folder anyway (on Windows), or choose to Replace the folder (on Macintosh). If you have questions about the update process, reach out to email@example.com.
If you have an older version of CAMEOfm: Export your CAMEOfm data into a .zip file. Then, import the file into CAMEO Data Manager. Learn more about how to export your data in the CAMEOfm help topics.
Learning More About CAMEO Data Manager
For an overview of all of the suite programs, download the CAMEO Suite fact sheet (PDF) to learn how these tools can be used to assist first responders and emergency planners. (2 pp, 722 KB, About PDF)
Significant Changes in CAMEO Data Manager Versions 4.0 and 4.0.2
- Resolved an issue in which some users could not open the program due to an empty data file (v. 4.0.2).
- Added a link to a certification letter for facilities in the state of Virginia (v. 4.0.2).
- Made adjustments to improve accessibility (v. 4.0.2).
- Added more links to the help topics (v. 4.0.2).
- Improved program behavior when dealing with html and special characters in fields or file names (v. 4.0.2).
- Small interface enhancements and bug fixes (v. 4.0.2).
- Redesigned the navigation, which mirrors Tier2 Submit.
- Added a map to visualize a record’s location.
- Added a feature to visualize special locations and other points of interest in proximity to your Tier II facilities.
- Added a responder-friendly view for emergency response.
- Added a feature to compare Tier II reports across report years in order to see what's changed or if reports are missing.
- Created contact CSV reports to aid in email and phone outreach.
- Created chemical CSV reports to aid in data analysis.
- Added the ability to edit records as a group.
- Added the ability to export files divided by field values.
- Added the ability to export PDF files sorted by field.
- Updated the help topics, explaining how to navigate the program and use the new features.
You can report software bugs or obtain additional assistance by emailing the RMP Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net), or by calling the CAMEO help desk at (703) 227-7650 on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.