CAMEO Data Manager Software
CAMEO Data Manager is a database application where you can keep track of information (such as chemical inventories and contact information for facilities) to assist in emergency response and planning in your local community. It is especially useful for managing data required under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
You can enter information into the CAMEO Data Manager database manually and/or by importing a Tier2 Submit™ file (if the facilities and/or planners in your state use that program to complete Tier II forms under EPCRA).
CAMEO Data Manager is part of the CAMEO® software suite, which is used widely to plan for and respond to chemical emergencies. CAMEO Data Manager replaces CAMEOfm, and offers new functionality and features. Files created in CAMEOfm and Tier2 Submit can be imported into CAMEO Data Manager.
Downloading CAMEO Data Manager
The Windows version can be run on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on Mojave (10.14), Catalina (10.15), and Big Sur (11) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported.
If you have an earlier version of CAMEO Data Manager (or the older CAMEOfm program) installed: Export your existing program data into a .zip file BEFORE you install the new version. During the installation, use the recommended installation paths. Once CAMEO Data Manager 4.1.0 is installed, import the .zip file to bring your existing data into the new program. If you have questions about the update process, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning More About CAMEO Data Manager
For an overview of all of the suite programs, download the CAMEO Suite fact sheet (PDF) to learn how these tools can be used to assist first responders and emergency planners. (2 pp, 722 KB, About PDF)
Significant Changes in CAMEO Data Manager Version 4.1.0
- Improved accuracy of the latitude/longitude county check.
- Improved significantly the speed and behavior of the MARPLOT auto-plot linking feature for large datasets.
- Enhanced the KML export so that Extremely Hazardous Substances (EHSs) now appear first in the chemical inventory list.
- Added new keyboard shortcuts for zoom settings, navigating between pages, and opening the help topics.
- Fixed a bug related to facility state field checkboxes being left off of PDF exports for Colorado, Hawaii, Ohio, and Texas.
- Added county (of parent record) to the chemical list export.
- Made extensive changes to the formatting of the contact list export regarding data separators, data sorting, and column headings.
- Updated State-specific fields.
- Made many smaller user interface refinements and enhancements.
- Fixed several small bugs.
- Revised the help topics.
You can report software bugs or obtain additional assistance by emailing the RMP Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net), or by calling the CAMEO help desk at (703) 227-7650 on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.