CAMEO Data Manager Software
CAMEO Data Manager is a database application where you can keep track of information (such as chemical inventories and contact information for facilities) to assist in emergency response and planning in your local community. It is especially useful for managing data required under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
You can enter information into the CAMEO Data Manager database manually and/or by importing a Tier2 Submit file (if the facilities and/or planners in your state use that program to complete Tier II forms under EPCRA).
CAMEO Data Manager is part of the CAMEO software suite, which is used widely to plan for and respond to chemical emergencies. CAMEO Data Manager replaces CAMEOfm, and offers new functionality and features. Files created in CAMEOfm and Tier2 Submit can be imported into CAMEO Data Manager.
Downloading CAMEO Data Manager
- Download CAMEO Data Manager 4.3.0 for Windows (exe)
- Download CAMEO Data Manager 4.3.0 for Macintosh (dmg)
The Windows version can be run on the Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on the Monterey (12), Ventura (13), and Sonoma (14) operating systems. Other operating systems have not been tested and are not supported.
If you have an earlier version of CAMEO Data Manager (or the older CAMEOfm program) installed: Export your existing program data into a .zip file BEFORE you install the new version. During the installation, use the recommended installation paths. Once CAMEO Data Manager 4.3.0 is installed, import the .zip file to bring your existing data into the new program. If you have questions about the update process, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning More About CAMEO Data Manager
For an overview of all of the suite programs, download the CAMEO Suite fact sheet (PDF) to learn how these tools can be used to assist first responders and emergency planners.
Significant Changes in CAMEO Data Manager Version 4.3.0
- Improved easy access to the EPA's Trade Secret and Confidential Location Information forms by adding download links next to those related checkboxes in the program.
- Added a right-click menu to the program to allow Copy, Paste, and Cut from the menu (as well as using the shortcut keys for those functions that were previously available).
- Updated state-specific fields for reporting year 2023.
- Updated the county boundary checks to use the latest files from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Updated the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Resource Types drop-down list to the latest values from the National Incident Management System.
- Enhanced the special contact list export files so that they now include the latitude and longitude values for any related Facilities, Special Locations, or Resources records.
- Resolved issue in version 4.2.0 where you could not use the Browse dialog method to import multiple files at the same time ("batch mode").
- Fixed bug that limited Contact Type searches to the Contacts module; you can now run Contact Type searches from all modules where that is an available search field.
- Improved accessibility of system menus.
- Made many smaller user interface refinements and enhancements.
- Fixed several small bugs.
- Revised the help topics.
You can report software bugs or obtain additional assistance by emailing the RMP Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net), or by calling the CAMEO help desk at (703) 227-7650 on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.