Tier2 Submit Software
The newest version of Tier2 Submit™ is for Reporting Year 2017.
Completed Tier II forms are due by March 1, 2018. Refer to the reporting requirements for your state for submission details. EPA developed Tier2 Submit to help facilities prepare an electronic chemical inventory report. Many states accept Tier2 Submit, and the Tier II chemical inventory data can also be exported into the CAMEOfm emergency planning software.
Downloading Tier2 Submit
Read the terms and conditions for information on using Tier2 Submit.
Download Tier2 Submit 2017 rev 2 for Windows(36 MB, EXE)
Download Tier2 Submit 2017 rev 2 for Macintosh(76 MB, DMG)
The Windows version can be run on Windows 7 (Service Pack 1), Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11), and Sierra (10.12) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported.
Make sure that you can create a valid XML export file this year: To give users additional time to transition to the new XML data format, this year's Tier2 Submit 2017 version will continue to support import and export via both the new XML data standard files and the older MER file format. However, Tier2 Submit 2018 will only support XML files.
If Tier2 Submit notifies you of errors (such as record ID issues) during import or export this year, it is essential that you resolve those problems this year. If you do not fix those errors, you will still be able to make a MER file export this year--but the XML portion of the export will fail. Without a valid XML file, you will not be able to import your data into next year's Tier2 Submit.
Additionally, some states may already be requiring XML files this year for submission.
If you have questions about reporting, please see: Tier II Chemical Inventory Reporting.
Significant Changes in Tier2 Submit 2017
- Modified behavior of Hazard Not Otherwise Classified checkbox so it can now be checked together with other physical and health hazard categories, if appropriate (changed in "rev 2")
- Added new physical and health hazard categories (to match the revised safety data sheet options)
- Adjusted validation requirement so that "county" is now required for all facilities
- Adjusted validation requirements so that "type", "pressure", and "temperature" are now required for all storage locations (even those marked confidential)
- Added import check for older MER files to warn users if there are record ID issues that must be resolved this year
- Added export check to warn uses if the file contains invalid characters that would prevent an XML export file from being generated
- Incorporated 2017 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes
- Added "Outside Storage Pile" to the list of storage types
- Updated state-specific fields
- Revised helps
- Made additional minor changes and bug fixes
If you have any problems with downloading a copy of Tier2 Submit or CAMEOfm, contact the Risk Management Plan (RMP) Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net) or call (703) 227-7650. The RMP Reporting Center is staffed on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.