Tier2 Submit Software
The newest version of Tier2 Submit™ is for Reporting Year 2018.
Completed Tier II forms are due by March 1, 2019. Refer to the reporting requirements for your state for submission details. EPA developed Tier2 Submit to help facilities prepare an electronic chemical inventory report. Many states accept Tier2 Submit, and the Tier II chemical inventory data can also be exported into the CAMEOfm emergency planning software.
Downloading Tier2 Submit
Read the terms and conditions for information on using Tier2 Submit.
Download Tier2 Submit 2018 for Windows rev. 2(65 MB, February 2019)
Download Tier2 Submit 2018 for Macintosh rev. 2(110 MB, February 2019)
The Windows version can be run on Windows 7 (Service Pack 1), Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on El Capitan (10.11), Sierra (10.12), and High Sierra (10.13) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported. In particular, Tier2 Submit 2018 will not run on computers running macOS Mojave (10.14).
Note for Mac users: Some users may see a message saying "'Tier2SubmitB' is not optimized for your Mac. This app needs to be updated by its developer to improve compatibility." This alert is displayed the first time a 32-bit application is opened, but the program will still work properly on your computer. Click OK to continue.
Make sure that you can create a valid XML export file this year: Starting with this update, Tier2 Submit no longer exports the older MER file format. It now exclusively exports the XML file format, which meets the national Tier II data standard requirements released in October 2016. More information about the XML files and the data standard can be found at: https://cameo.noaa.gov/epcra_tier2/data_standard/v1/index.html.
Because Tier2 Submit now exports XML only, we recommend that filers import their 2017 submission file into Tier2 Submit 2018 well ahead of the filing deadline. Doing so will allow time to address any issues, reported by Tier2 Submit, that would prevent creation of an electronic submission file.
If you have questions about reporting, please see: Tier II Chemical Inventory Reporting.
Significant Changes in Tier2 Submit 2018
- Resolves an issue in which if a facility's latitude or longitude was not entered, the record could not be exported (changed in Tier2 Submit 2018 rev. 2).
- Modifies behavior that allowed users to enter a particular illegal character and thereby prevented users from exporting records containing that character (changed in Tier2 Submit 2018 rev. 2).
- Transitioned to XML-only exports. MER exports have been discontinued in Tier2 Submit.
- Added checks to prevent problems due to illegal XML characters
- Improved error messages to more clearly explain the cause of the error
- Updated to allow import of Tier2 Submit 2018 files
- Updated state-specific fields
- Revised helps
- Made additional minor changes and bugs fixes
If you have any problems with downloading a copy of Tier2 Submit or CAMEOfm, contact the Risk Management Plan (RMP) Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net) or call (703) 227-7650. The RMP Reporting Center is staffed on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.