Tier2 Submit Software
Tier2 Submit™ is a program to help facilities prepare electronic versions of the Tier II hazardous chemical inventory form that are required annually under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
Tier2 Submit includes all of the fields from the federal Tier II form, and it also includes additional fields that are required or requested by some states and tribes.
The program is updated yearly, and only the most recent version can be used to create the current year’s annual Tier II submission file. The newest version is Tier2 Submit 2022, which is for reporting year 2022.
Completed Tier II forms for this reporting year are due by March 1, 2023. Contact your state or tribe to see if they accept Tier2 Submit files and to learn the specific reporting requirements and submission details for your facility.
Tier II hazardous chemical inventory data can also be exported from Tier2 Submit into CAMEO Data Manager, which can be used to complete additional emergency planning and response activities. These tools are both part of the CAMEO® Software Suite.
On this page:
- Download Tier2 Submit
- Tier2 Submit tutorial
- Significant changes to Tier2 Submit
- Import information
- Getting help
Download Tier2 Submit 2022
Read the Terms and Conditions for Tier2 Submit (pdf) .
- Download Tier2 Submit 2022 “rev 1” for Windows (exe)
- Download Tier2 Submit 2022 “rev 1” for Macintosh (dmg)
The Windows version can be run on the Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on the Big Sur (11), Monterey (12), and Ventura (13) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported.
Note: The original Tier2 Submit 2022 had a bug that prevented attachments from being deleted; the “rev 1” update fixes this. If you haven’t submitted your Tier II report for reporting year 2022, we recommend that you download this newer version. If you’ve already begun entering data into the original Tier 2 Submit 2022: (1) make an export file of your data from he original Tier2 Submit 2022 version, (2) download and install the updated “rev 1” version to the default location, and (3) open the new “rev 1” version and import your data from step 1 above.
If you have questions about reporting, please see: Tier II Chemical Inventory Reporting.
Tier2 Submit Tutorial
This tutorial provides a primer on how to fill out your Tier II form using EPA's Tier2 Submit software.
The statutory provisions and EPA regulations described in this guidance presentation contain legally binding requirements. This guidance presentation does not substitute for those provisions or regulations, nor is it a regulation in itself. In the event of a conflict between this presentation and any statute or regulation, this presentation would not be controlling. For specific requirements and details, see: 40 CFR part 370.
Significant Changes in Tier2 Submit 2022
- •Fixed a bug in the original Tier2 Submit 2022 release that prevented attachments from being deleted (rev 1).
- Modified the Maine state field warning for Mailing Address fields (rev 1).
- Updated the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes in the drop-down list to the latest 2022 values provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Developed NAICS Code mapping assistance feature for importing older .t2s files, in order to help users update older values that are no longer in the official 2022 NAICS list.
- Updated the Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) checks to match the latest regulatory information from the EPA List of Lists. The original release used the April 2022 version and the “rev 1” release uses the December 2022 version.
- Updated the county boundary checks to use the latest files from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Updated State-specific fields.
- Added an official signature to the Windows installer file, which denotes the program developer and ensures that the program is genuine.
- Improved program behavior when dealing with special characters in path names.
- Made many smaller user interface refinements and enhancements.
- Fixed several small bugs.
- Revised the help topics.
- Tier2 Submit 2022 can only be used to make submission files for the current 2022 reporting year. However, you can import .zip and .t2s files from reporting years 2021 and 2020 to use as a baseline dataset that you can update with this year's data (rather than typing in all your data manually).
- If you have problems importing files into Tier2 Submit or you need to make a submission file for a previous reporting year, contact the RMP Reporting Center (see details below).
If you have any problems with downloading a copy of Tier2 Submit or CAMEO Data Manager, contact the Risk Management Plan (RMP) Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net) or call (703) 227-7650. The RMP Reporting Center is staffed on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.