Tier2 Submit Software
The newest version of Tier2 Submit™ is for Reporting Year 2019.
Completed Tier II forms are due by March 1, 2020. Refer to the reporting requirements for your state for submission details. EPA developed Tier2 Submit to help facilities prepare an electronic chemical inventory report. Many states accept Tier2 Submit, and the Tier II chemical inventory data can also be exported into the CAMEOfm emergency planning software.
Downloading Tier2 Submit 2019
Read the terms and conditions for information on using Tier2 Submit.
Download Tier2 Submit 2019 rev. 3 for Windows(57 MB, February 2020)
Download Tier2 Submit 2019 rev. 3 for Macintosh(98 MB, February 2020)
The Windows version can be run on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on Sierra (10.12), High Sierra (10.13), Mojave (10.14), and Catalina (10.15) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported. EPCRA officials should note that these operating systems are different than what has been approved for CAMEOfm.
Existing Tier2 Submit 2019 Mac Users: When downloading the new program, carefully follow these steps to ensure you do not erase your data. (Windows users do not need to follow these steps.)
- Change the name of the Tier2 Submit 2019 folder (in your Applications folder) to Old Tier2 Submit 2019.
- Open the .dmg. When the .dmg opens, drag the new Tier2 Submit 2019 folder onto the Applications folder in the .dmg window.
- Copy (Command+C) the Data folder from your Old Tier2 Submit 2019 folder and paste (Command+V) it into the Tier2 Submit 2019 folder you just installed in the Applications folder. Select "replace" on the popup window.
- Run the new Tier2 Submit 2019 program. Verify that you see "rev 3" in the window title bar and that your existing data appears in the new program, then you can discard the Old Tier2 Submit 2019 folder. If you run into problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about reporting, please see: Tier II Chemical Inventory Reporting.
Significant Changes in Tier2 Submit 2019
- Resolved a bug in which users could not export data if an attachment had special characters in the file name (rev. 3).
- Addressed requests from users to show the list of imported facilities directly after import (rev. 3).
- Resolved a bug that prevented importing if the files were imported as a group and two or more of them shared a contact with the same record ID, but had different information (rev. 3).
- Added an option to expand or collapse the list of chemicals and contacts on a facility page, if the list contained over 20 chemicals or contacts (rev. 3).
- Added the ability to copy, cut, and paste using highlight and right click (rev. 3).
- Updated EHS rules for facilities in Vermont in order to accommodate special EHS rules in Vermont (rev. 3).
- Resolved a Macintosh-only bug in which users saw an alert to update to rev. 2 when they were already using rev. 2 (rev. 3).
- Resolved several bugs related to horizontal and vertical scrolling (rev. 2).
- Updated validation rules for Massachusetts facilities to only require chemical state fields when a chemical is marked as an EHS, and only require a chemical carrier for facilities that have at least one EHS (rev. 2).
- Resolved a bug that appeared when deleting the only facility associated with a contact (rev. 2).
- Fixed a bug in which deleting and re-adding an attachment showed an incorrect error message (rev. 2).
- Improved the PDF output to no longer cut off the signature box at the bottom of a page, and to give more space for longer names and titles (rev. 2).
- Made cosmetic adjustments to state fields for Colorado, Oklahoma, and Ohio. These changes do not impact the validation rules or requirements on any fields (rev. 2).
- Provided a new, smarter warning message when changing the state of a facility that already has data entered in its state fields (rev. 2).
- Redesigned interface completely for a smoother user experience.
- Added real-time validation that catches validation errors as users type them, and reports the validation status of a record at any moment.
- Added a map view of latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Added ability to export and import in sets of .csv files.
- Updated state-specific fields.
- Revised helps.
- Tier2 Submit 2019 will accept 2017 and 2018 .zip and .t2s files.
- .t2s files and .zip files created in Tier2 Submit can be imported into CAMEOfm 3.6. CAMEOfm 3.6 does not support import of .csv files.
If you have any problems with downloading a copy of Tier2 Submit or CAMEOfm, contact the Risk Management Plan (RMP) Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net) or call (703) 227-7650. The RMP Reporting Center is staffed on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.