Tier2 Submit Software
The newest version of Tier2 Submit™ is for Reporting Year 2022.
EPA developed Tier2 Submit to help facilities prepare an electronic chemical inventory report. Check to see if your state or tribe accepts Tier2 Submit files. Tier II chemical inventory data can be exported into the CAMEO Data Manager emergency planning software. These tools work with the CAMEO Software Suite.
On this page:
- Download Tier2 Submit
- Tier2 Submit tutorial
- Significant changes to Tier2 Submit
- Import information
- Getting help
Read the Terms and Conditions for Tier2 Submit (pdf) .
The Windows version can be run on the Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on the Big Sur (11), Monterey (12), and Ventura (13) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported.
If you have questions about reporting, please see: Tier II Chemical Inventory Reporting.
This tutorial provides a primer on how to fill out your Tier II form using EPA's Tier2 Submit software.
The statutory provisions and EPA regulations described in this guidance presentation contain legally binding requirements. This guidance presentation does not substitute for those provisions or regulations, nor is it a regulation in itself. In the event of a conflict between this presentation and any statute or regulation, this presentation would not be controlling. For specific requirements and details, see: 40 CFR part 370.
- Updated the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes in the drop-down list to the latest 2022 values provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Developed NAICS Code mapping assistance feature for importing older .t2s files, in order to help users update older values that are no longer in the official 2022 NAICS list.
- Updated the Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) checks to match the latest regulatory information from the EPA List of Lists.
- Updated the county boundary checks to use the latest files from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Updated State-specific fields.
- Added an official signature to the Windows installer file, which denotes the program developer and ensures that the program is genuine.
- Improved program behavior when dealing with special characters in path names.
- Made many smaller user interface refinements and enhancements.
- Fixed several small bugs.
- Revised the help topics.
- Tier2 Submit 2022 will accept 2020 and 2021 .zip and .t2s files.
- .t2s files and .zip files created in Tier2 Submit can be imported into CAMEO Data Manager, which has replaced the previous CAMEOfm program.
If you have any problems with downloading a copy of Tier2 Submit or CAMEO Data Manager, contact the Risk Management Plan (RMP) Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net) or call (703) 227-7650. The RMP Reporting Center is staffed on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.