Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs)
The recommendations on these pages apply to all mercury-containing light bulbs. Read a full list of which bulbs contain mercury.
- Learn more about energy-efficient lighting choices at EnergyStar.gov
- Read Energy Star questions and answers about CFLs
- Report defective CFLs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn what to report.
Phase-Out of Most
CFLs and Mercury
Shopping for Light Bulbs
- What you need to know when choosing light bulbs (FTC.gov)
- Lighting Facts labels that help you compare different bulbs:
Couldn't locate something you expected to find on this page? Contact the webmaster, providing the page URL (epa.gov/cfl) and the content you thought would be here.