Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs)
The recommendations on these pages apply to all mercury-containing light bulbs. Read a full list of which bulbs contain mercury.
CFLs can help you save money, use less energy, reduce light bulb changes, and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
- Learn more about energy-efficient lighting choices at EnergyStar.gov
- Read Energy Star questions and answers about CFLs
- Report defective CFLs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn what to report.
CFLs and Mercury
Shopping for Light Bulbs
- What you need to know when choosing light bulbs (FTC.gov)
- Lighting Facts labels that help you compare different bulbs: